Problem Calculating The Trip KML

Altogether I took 505 trips in my car during the journey, where a trip is defined as turning on and then off the engine, for no matter what length of time. I would usually calculate the most recent couple dozen trips into the multi-colored map shown at the top of the page, because that was about the amount I could calculate overnite, which was usually about how long I had to do the task. So to calculate all 505 trips, I knew, would take days. Three days ago I started the calculation, and it got as far as #405 by this evening, then a few minutes ago, the computer crashed. I was foolishly trying to install Mythbuntu at the same time, and also surfing the web. One of those things caused the problem.

So it'll be a several more days before I can post that data, if I can even find a way to post such a large file -- it might be over a hundred megabytes. There were sixty megabytes of raw text records in the SQLite3 database.

But first I'm installing Mythbuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment